Senior Azure Cloud Architect - EngineeringMalta
About KPMG MBS
KPMG's Microsoft Business Solutions team is a Microsoft Gold Partner and leader in Microsoft software implementations for medium to large organisations, providing our clients with the ability to keep up with the ever-changing digital world by implementing Microsoft’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Engagement (CE) software from the Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) software line.
KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions is looking for a talented Senior Azure Cloud Architect who will use her/his expertise and experience to lead and support implementation of solutions utilising Azure services related to Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). This is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a growing new business area within a market leading firm.
- Owns the architecting and design of complex cloud solutions for our product engineering, project and managed services teams
- Leads the design of integrated solutions using Azure and Power Platform, including 3rd party tools
- Has deep knowledge of cloud-architecture patterns and best-practices. For example: different integration patterns based on source criteria, microservices using Orlando Framework and Container orchestration, Automation for cost control of services, etc
- Works closely with Azure Infrastructure architects and implementors
- Maintains and manages knowledge bases for Platform Architecture, Solution Design and key design decisions
- Drives the sharing of best-practice and knowledge amongst the organisation keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights
- Delivers end-to-end automation of deployment, and monitoring of software and cost in the cloud environment
- Knowledge in understanding Power Platform and Dynamics 365 products integration capabilities and limitations, to leverage licensing advantage for cost and solution optimisation
- Researches, designs and implements the appropriate technology needed to support the application portfolio across the Microsoft Business Suite.
- Ensures compliance of architectural and engineering policies, standards, and procedures
- Monitors and stays abreast of industry trends and anticipate future direction of cloud application services, and cloud computing to innovate business solutions
- Develops and reviews project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects
- Provides Management reporting to ensure data driven discussions for continuous improvement
- Serves as a cloud SME for the more senior business and technology stakeholders
- Assists the Managed Services team with any high priority technical incidents and knowledge gaps
- Ability to work as a team member and leader in a diverse technical environment
- Work with the other architects and ensure that the architecture, design principles, and standards are in alignment with Enterprise Architecture direction
- Identify and manage technical risks on the project
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- 4+ years of experience architecting enterprise cloud infrastructure & application solutions in medium to large size companies
- Strong working knowledge of Azure technologies (SaaS, PaaS) including, but not limited to Azure Compute, Kubernates, Azure Data Factory, Azure Active Directory, Azure Purview / Service Catalog and Power Platform
- Experience architecting solutions for high availability, design for scale and security
- Experience architecting solutions leveraging Cloud technologies (Azure)
- Software deployment automation through DevOps scripting (mainly, YAML for Azure DevOps)
- Experience performing as a project-level architecture on large-scale projects involving complex topology
- Azure Cloud Certifications. In particular AZ-204, AZ-303 and AZ-304 are an asset
- Good knowledge of .NET Core programming and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of Database querying and optimisation. Knowledge of MS SQL is a must. Knowledge in MySQL and Postgres is an asset
- Good knowledge of NoSQL Database querying and optimisation. Knowledge in Cosmos DB MongoDB or Gremlin API, Azure Redis and Azure Elastic Search is an asset.
- Experience working in the Dynamics 365 business applications will be considered an asset
- Willing to travel abroad when required
Microsoft Business Solutions Overview
KPMG’s Microsoft Business Solutions team is committed to provide IT solutions and managed services to clients, in order to help them accomplish their technology enabled transformation programmes. This is carried out in collaboration with other companies of the group as well as selected business partners. Our work focuses on ERP/CRM Solutions, eCommerce, Bespoke/Custom Development and Integration services.
Be the change and make the change. Join our talented and successful team and make the leap into the future.
For this exciting opportunity we have put together a great package that combines a competitive salary with a bundle of extras, including business travel allowances and medical insurance for you and your family.
Primary job focus