Junior Systems AdministratorMalta
About KPMG MBS
KPMG's Microsoft Business Solutions team is a Microsoft Gold Partner and leader in Microsoft software implementations for medium to large organisations, providing our clients with the ability to keep up with the ever-changing digital world by implementing Microsoft’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Engagement (CE) software from the Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) software line.
Support the network infrastructure, computer systems the MBS user community, efficiently and in line with industry best practices and KPMG policies across MBS group. The role is mainly a support function responding quickly to faults reported and collaborating with other IT service members to find effective solutions.
As a Junior Systems Administrator, you will:
- Provide Group-wide end-user 1st line support and fault-finding services for MBS systems (including remote support) in line with KPMG standards.
- Support the MBS Development & Production infrastructure including remote working solutions and ensure compliance with policies and guidelines.
- Manage day to day resourcing of the infrastructure.
- Liaison with users daily, resolving issues inline with SLA's,
- Maintain Hardware, Software and Virtual assets inventories.
- Could be called out in an emergency situation for support purposes.
- Assist enhancement support projects of IT systems as required.
- Monitoring of systems and resources.
- Responsible for the commissioning and decommissioning of new systems.
- Adhere to the Information Security Guidance given from time to time by Management, the IT Support Team, the Group IT Lead, the Group IT Change Manager, the Group Security Liaison or the Group Privacy Liaison.
An MBS System Administrator is responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, servers and all network components. System administrators seek to ensure that the availability, performance and the IT resources, manage to meet the needs of the business.
You will be responsible to implement and monitor secure access control mechanisms to protect the systems under their responsibility against unauthorized access, performing vulnerability and penetration tests, monitoring system logs for suspicious activity, configuring and supporting security tools (e.g. firewalls, antivirus, etc.) and implementing security policies including periodic user access reviews, penetration testing and other Information Protection Plans.
Skills & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor's Degree in IT
- Prior experience in a similar role will be considered an asset
- Fluency, both written and verbal, in English and Maltese.
- Fast learner and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team Player
- Able to work independently
- Excellent time management skills
Microsoft Business Solutions Overview
KPMG’s Microsoft Business Solutions team is committed to provide IT solutions and managed services to clients, in order to help them accomplish their technology enabled transformation programmes. This is carried out in collaboration with other companies of the group as well as selected business partners. Our work focuses on ERP/CRM Solutions, eCommerce, Bespoke/Custom Development and Integration services.
Be the change and make the change. Join our talented and successful team and make the leap into the future.
For this exciting opportunity we have put together a great package that combines a competitive salary with a bundle of extras, including business travel allowances and medical insurance for you and your family.
Primary job focus