About KPMG MBS
KPMG's Microsoft Business Solutions team is a Microsoft Gold Partner and leader in Microsoft software implementations for medium to large organisations, providing our clients with the ability to keep up with the ever-changing digital world by implementing Microsoft’s M365, Azure, Microsoft’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Engagement (CE) software from the Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) software line.
The Lead HR Business Partner partners a business where there is a need for a distinct and articulated people strategy such as Performance Group, DA Service Line or KBS function.
The Lead HR Business Partner is a strategic partner within their area of the business, the key facilitator and enabler of the matrixed organisation and a driver of change. They are a member of the business area Leadership Team.
- Lead on the development and operationalisation of a strategic workforce plan and OD aligned to business needs.
- Bring external market insights and industry best practice to business challenges.
- Act as trusted advisor to senior leadership team.
- Interpret management information to provide insight for business area leaders, develop the business area people strategy and facilitate decision-making on organisation and people matters.
- Develop and drive the senior talent and succession strategy within aligned business area.
- Act as a change leader, supporting senior colleagues and providing change management expertise and guidance on all organisation and people-related matters within aligned business area.
- Set the approach (framework, parameters) on key HR cyclical activity (S&B, promotions) with business and ensure outcomes in line with strategy.
- Ensure aligned IDE plans in place and driving outcomes.
- Lead on key strategic Capability priorities as defined by the Capability Head of HR.
- Work with CoEs to develop products and services that are aligned to business strategy and are designed with an employee/customer lens.
- Deputise for the Head of HR as and when required.
- Ensure that when dealing with sensitive employee data (including the use of HRIS and payroll system), KPMG MBS’s internal policies are to be used as a point of reference and abided to.
- Within your role, you have the responsibility of protecting all information that is shared with you in the course of your association with KPMG (including information provided by clients) in line with the requirements of the Information Security Policy as stated within your contractual agreement.
- The Employee is required to follow KPMG’s Information Security Policies (ISP and ISMP) at all times.
- Build influential and mutually respectful relationships, providing thought leadership, trusted advice, and proactive challenge to clients (e.g., PGL, DA Service Line Lead, KBS function, partners, and other business leaders).
- Interpret management information to provide insight for business leaders and facilitate decision-making on organisation and people matters.
- Proactive involvement in the Performance Group or team business planning exercise.
- Responsible for ensuring all HR solutions within the Performance Group or team are delivered by deadlines set and to agreed standards.
- Partner with colleagues from the wider Performance Group operations teams (Finance, Resourcing etc.) to drive activities for the business.
Development of people strategy:
- Responsible with senior leaders within your Performance Group for defining, developing, and rolling out the people agenda.
- Act as a change leader, supporting senior colleagues and providing change management expertise and guidance on all organisation and people-related matters.
- Proactively drive your clients forward using a range of change management techniques to achieve their desired initiatives.
- Be a champion of KPMG’s culture, values, behaviours, and IDE (Inclusion, Diversity and Equality) agenda in all activities building understanding and confidence within the client group.
Cyclical people activities:
- Overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the annual people calendar – ensuring the PG, DA SL, KBS function and capability voice is heard in the development of the people calendar.
- Work with People Function CoEs and People Operations colleagues to ensure HR policy is implemented consistently and effectively.
- Work closely with People Partner, HoPO and the Recruitment and Resourcing teams to ensure that they understand the future requirements of the client group at all levels, including Graduate/Student recruitment.
- Develop and manage the senior leaders’ talent pipeline (Partner and Director).
- Participate in Partner recruitment and promotion activities.
- Drive the IDE strategy in the hiring of external talent and internal promotions.
- Provide trusted strategic advice to Leadership on HR matters.
- Coach and support senior leaders to develop and maintain people management and development skills.
- Working with the People Advisory Team, support the resolution of highly complex and/or high-risk people issues and flag high risk issues to the Capability Head of People as appropriate.
- Deal with complex escalations from the People Advisory Team as required
The People team:
- Work with others within the HR team, the People Advisory team and CoEs to ensure a shared understanding of the strategic priorities of your client group and enable synergies across the relevant client group.
- Liaise with other People Function teams, e.g., Talent Acquisition and Learning, to provide a seamless service to the client group on strategic projects and calendar activities.
- Responsible for the performance management of a group of Senior HRBPs and HRBPs within the Capability HR team as agreed with the Head of HR.
- Develop the team and their skills, encouraging a meaningful feedback culture.
- Have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture and promote this with your team and within the wider People organisation.
- Uphold and role model the firm’s values.
- Coach and mentor others within the wider people function.
Skills and Qualifications
- Commercially focussed.
- Business acumen.
- Customer focus.
- Strategic insight.
- Change driver.
- Organisation design.
- Influence & Relationship Management.
- Strategic thinker and ability to translate business needs into people plans.
- Ability to inspire and lead other HRBPs.
- Strong client relationships and influencing skills to establish credibility.
- Honed collaboration skills, understanding how to operate in a complex, matrixed organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment with senior level leaders.
- Strong relationship development skills and client service ethos, naturally building credibility and confidence at Exec and Capability Leadership level through demonstration of expertise.
- Strong external / market awareness, networks and understanding of the broader industry trends and challenges, and the role HR Business Partnering can play in an organisation’s success.
- Management, coaching and mentoring skills.
- CIPD qualification.
Microsoft Business Solutions Overview
At KPMG MBS, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients, and our communities.
This sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG MBS. Among other things, you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
#Bethechange and #makethechange. Join our talented, successful team and make the leap into the future.
For this exciting opportunity we have put together a great package that combines a competitive salary with a bundle of extras including allowances, business travel allowances, certifications to support you in your career growth, private insurance, and medical insurance for you and your family.
Don’t worry, we know that relocation can be a challenge, which is why we have an extremely supportive onboarding team to help you throughout this process! - We provide relocation support for you and your family. We’re looking forward to meeting you and seeing you grow.