At KPMG Microsoft Business Solution we implement best in class solutions for Microsoft Azure, Modern Workplace, ERP and CRM. We have extensive knowledge and expertise in all areas, enabling us to provide our clients with an integrated end-to-end solution. Our solutions are based on the Microsoft Azure and Dynamics range of products which enables us to deliver, powerful, adaptable cloud solutions. Such systems are strategic IT solutions which integrate all the management information across an entire organisation into one single intuitive software application.
The Azure DevOps Engineer delivers and implements Azure solutions for our clients. The DevOps Engineer will create CI\CD pipelines and be comfortable with automation end to end, including code validation and testing, support of software release cycles and building infrastructure as code (IaC). You will be comfortable in client facing environments, working alongside KPMG Azure Architects, engineering peers and technical audiences on client site. You will be familiar with virtual machine administration and configuration management of cloud resources, using automation to ensure services are secure, scalable, resilient, cost effective and meet performance metrics criteria. You will be experienced in monitoring and supporting environments with cloud native and third-party tooling.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for:
• Design and implementation of CI\CD pipelines on Azure.
• Configuration management and support of deployed services and resources in Azure.
• Manage the monitoring and security of Azure environments and resources.
• Work with Azure Architects on the design and roll out of Azure infrastructures.
• Drive innovation by developing code base and automated deployments.
• Work on proposals and RFI’s alongside the sales and pre-sales teams.
Core Technical Knowledge Required:
• Ideally a background in on premises infrastructure, virtualisation technologies or application\software development.
• Proven experience with Azure DevOps, GitHub or similar to manage software and code distribution and lifecycle.
• Proven experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, ARM , Bicep)
• Proven experience with Windows and Linux System Administration.
• Proven experience with Azure Serverless and integration (Batch, Function\Logic Apps, EventGrid).
• Proven experience with Azure ACR, ACI, Kubernetes.
• Experience with Azure IaaS (networking, storage, virtual machines).
• Experience with Azure Backup & Recovery Services. • Experience with Azure Governance (Blueprints, policies, tagging, cost management).
• VMware\Hyper-V is considered to be a plus
The Person should be able to demonstrate:
• Builds and cultivates strong relationships and shows technical leadership to deliver quality, client-centric solutions using Microsoft technologies.
• Can advocate innovation both within the firm and with clients, and promotes collaboration amongst teams.
• Advanced technical knowledge, direction and training to others.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and manage a range of relationships in a complex environment.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening): an ability to present information concisely, to communicate in a manner applicable to all levels.
• Able to produce high quality and professional presentations.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to ensure documents are consistent in language, terminology and style.
• Flexible approach to work with a focus on delivery to deadlines and high standards.
• Ability to handle highly confidential information with tact and discretion.
Primary job focus