About KPMG MBS
KPMG's Microsoft Business Solutions team is a Microsoft Gold Partner and leader in Microsoft software implementations for medium to large organisations, providing our clients with the ability to keep up with the ever-changing digital world by implementing Microsoft’s M365, Azure, Microsoft’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Engagement (CE) software from the Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) software line.
Working with a close-knit team a Senior Analyst Programmer shall be responsible for using their expertise and experience the realisation of technical tasks as may be required by relevant stakeholders. The senior Analyst Programmer will be acting as a point of reference for more junior team members as well as non-technical and technical stakeholders across the assigned projects/ engagement.
- Working as part of a multi-talented team and contribute towards project architectural design, client solutions and project documentation
- Participate and contributing to project related ceremonies, working in an Agile, Waterfall or DevOps approach depending on the business requirements
- Take ownership of assigned tasks, while observing and working through internal processes by understanding project stages, methodologies used to project delivery depending on the practice they are assigned to
- Responsible for mentoring, leading and collaborating with other more junior developers within the team
- Ensure that all stakeholders are updated with progress or troubleshooting on assigned projects in a timely manner, where applicable
- Maintain a strong pulse on market trends and competitive insights that could be beneficial for the team and stakeholders
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of best practices including code management (i.e. source control), unit testing methodologies and build processes and code reviews
- Identify any risks and issues early and raise through the appropriate governance channels
- Working with both on-shore and off/near-shore development teams
- Adhere to KPMG MBS best practice and standards at all times
- Represent KPMG MBS in a professional and positive manner at all times
- Adhere to the Information Security Guidance given from time to time by Management, the IT Support Team, the Group IT Lead, the Group IT Change Manager, the Group Security Liaison or the Group Privacy Liaison
- With respect to MBS Information Assets, be these Production, Development or Testing Environments as well as any SharePoint and other Workspaces, the following Specific Responsibilities will apply, should the Employee be entrusted with any of the following Roles or combinations thereof. Should any responsibilities be delegated to others, the Employee shall remain accountable and responsible for determining that any delegated tasks have been correctly performed
- Documents solutions technical deliverables (e.g. System, Technical and/or Program Specifications and testing plans) following standards for development, documentation and configuration management
- Will be able to generate or amend automated test scripts to test a development and configuration fix
- Conducts build verification and testing activities ensuring that identified non-conformities are corrected to ensure software quality
- Participates in system release and implementation activities
- Supports complex installed system/programs and technical problem solving and, when the customer request system changes, contributes to identify affected components and change scope
- Defines project specific development approaches and may contribute to creation of software development standards and improvement strategies
- The Employee is required to follow KPMG’s Information Security Policies (ISP and ISMP) at all times
- To carry out additional duties as may arise from time to time
Skills and Qualifications
- Fluency in Office Suite tools
- Knowledgeable in current development languages
- Solid experience with object-oriented-programming (OOP) X++
- Strong knowledge and understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Strong knowledge and understanding of software lifecycles
- Proficient in relational and/ or document- based databases
- Capability in building and monitoring multi-service applications
- Solid understanding networking concepts
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Technical knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server, Reporting Services (SSRS) Integration Services and Analysis Services
- Degree level of Education in IT or equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in an Analyst Programmer role or similar
- Certifications in Microsoft Technology Stack-
Microsoft Business Solutions Overview
At KPMG MBS, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients, and our communities.
This sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG MBS. Among other things, you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
#Bethechange and #makethechange. Join our talented, successful team and make the leap into the future.
For this exciting opportunity we have put together a great package that combines a competitive salary with a bundle of extras including allowances, business travel allowances, certifications to support you in your career growth, private insurance, and medical insurance for you and your family.
Don’t worry, we know that relocation can be a challenge, which is why we have an extremely supportive onboarding team to help you throughout this process! - We provide relocation support for you and your family. We’re looking forward to meeting you and seeing you grow.